Carter: 2 years old
I am going to attempt this post without turning into a hormonal, pregnant, basket case, but I make no promises. My BABY. MY 7 pound 5 ounce BABY is turning TWO today! HOW HOW HOW!? Everyone preaches "how quickly the years go by", "cherish every sleepless moment", "time goes by way too fast", "you will blink and they are grown up!" yadayadayada Holy moly, they are all very true! I think that everyone tells you these little tid-bits because they don't want you to wish time away. I would be lying if I said I never wished for an easier parenting stage, but I feel like I do a pretty good job of embracing the moment. It slips away far too quickly. I will say, this has been one of the harder parenting stages of our lives together. Each day he hates the food that he liked the day before. He hates diapers, but doesn't like the potty. He wants a paci ALL DAY LONG. He wants a snack ALL DAY LONG. He doesn't like being told NO, or what to do. He doesn't like going to sleep, or staying asleep for very long. He doesn't like being away from me, at all, ever. EVER. But, at the same exhausting time, he is SO MUCH FUN RIGHT NOW! Every day there is a new word, a new song, a new trick, etc that he had mastered. I love watching that little brain sponge soak in all of the new life around him. So much world to discover. Some of his favorite things right now include:
- Bugs-real ones, fake ones, and anything that looks like it could be a bug. (piece of lint, fuzz, etc)
- Watching videos of himself, and other babies.
- Sitting with mama and playing with her hair.
- Singing songs. (ABCs, Wheels on the Bus, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and Salt-N-Pepa's "Push it")
- Watching Bob the Builder, Elmo, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Fireman Sam, and Thomas the Train.
- Playing in his playroom downstairs.
- Eating pancakes, blueberries, cookies, peanuts, etc. Pretty much any kind of snack food.
- Wearing everyone's shoes around the house.
- Loving on Zoe.
- Seeing all of "his people" (Grammy, Grams, Papa, Meme, Sissy, Meemaw, Peepaw, Yi-Yul, etc)
- Taking baths, and recently showers, too.
- Stickers, painting, coloring….
- Counting to fourteen. That is as high as we can go.
- Learning colors. Still very new. (Purple, orange, and blue are the only ones he can identify right now)
- Climbing on EVERYTHING
We are so blessed that God chose us to be Carter's parents. About 2.5 years ago, when we found out we were having a boy, I said, "What am I going to do with a boy!?" Now, I have no idea what I would do without one! Love my crazy little guy! photos by my sweet friend: Carla Thompson Photography